Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Strawberry Basil Margaritas recipe courtesy of LD Products Coupon SCOTT15

This weekend we're having a party and I want a nice summery drink on hand to celebrate the lovely weather. Our sponsor LD Products coupon SCOTT15 helps me share it with you!

At first glance I wasn't sure if I wanted basil in my drink. I love basil, but in a drink?  But then I realized I have mint sometimes, and even cucumber now and again, so I decided to live on the edge. And I'm glad I did! This is a great, fresh cocktail and so easy to serve!

Strawberry Basil Margaritas

Makes 1 pitcher, or about 8 servings
1 can (12 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate
10 strawberries (or 12 if you're using smaller ones from the farmer's market or your backyard.)
8 basil leaves
2 to 2 1/2 cups tequila (gold or silver)
Empty the limeade concentrate into a pitcher. Add 2 1/2 cans of water and 1 1/2 (18 ounces, or 2 1/4 cups) cans of tequila (or a bit less, if you don't want your drinks to be quite as strong).
Hull the strawberries, slice lengthwise, and add to the pitcher. Crumple the basil a little in your hands (this will help the basil flavor release into the drink) and add it to the pitcher, too. Place the pitcher, covered, in the fridge overnight, or for at least four hours.
When you remove the pitcher from the fridge, your margaritas will be a lovely pale pink color. Now all you have to do is serve them and wait for the compliments to pour in.

More about LD Products here at http://www.ld-coupon.livejournal.com
http://www.ldproducts.com/?xid=tmd:sigler:10pct&coupon=SCOTT15

No comments:

Post a Comment